Our M&A Strategy
Acquisitions represent an important pillar of our long-term growth strategy. We are looking for acquisitions in attractive market segments which either complement our core business, B2B direct marketing for business equipment, or which provide the opportunity to enter new markets with above-average growth perspectives.
OUR MOTIVATION FOR M&A
- Additional, profitable growth
- Extension of the value chain, e.g. through complementary services, some manufacturing, customization
- Access to new products / markets / customers
- Additional expertise / know-how, e.g. in digitalization
- Risk diversification
- Talent acquisition
- Innovations / new business models
Our M&A activities can be divided into two approaches
- Strengthening the existing business (add-on acquisitions): TAKKT is looking for companies that complement the existing activities of our portfolio companies, e.g. in new regions or in adjacent product assortments.
Furthermore, TAKKT is interested in companies that expand the existing business activities of our portfolio companies, in order to offer additional value to the customer (before, during and/or after the purchase). This includes for example complementing services or the manufacturing, adaptation or customization of products.
For add-on acquisitions, TAKKT usually looks for profitable companies with revenues in the low to mid-double-digit million euro range.
- Entering new target markets (platform acquisitions): TAKKT looks to acquire profitable companies in attractive market segments where the TAKKT Group is not operating so far. These companies should have a sufficient size (revenues in the mid to high-double-digit million euro range) as well as an extended value chain, i.e. not being focused on the pure transaction. Platform acquisitions can be the basis for further organic growth and strategic add-on acquisitions.
We are continuously searching for acquisition opportunities that are a good strategic fit to our business. If you would like to become a part of the TAKKT Group or if you represent such a company, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Read here about the development prospects that TAKKT provides to its affiliated companies and which acquisition criteria we use to select suitable companies.